Friday, December 16, 2011

What have we been up to?

Well, I still am trying to figure out this whole blog thing... But I've decided to try it out and see how it goes. Hopefully this helps to update those in our lives (Brooke Kueser) that don't know what is going on as well. ;)

Jordan has just finished his fall semester of his senior year here at the University of Montana. Finals are over! Phew! Now maybe we will have a little more time to spend together... at least for the next couple of weeks. Basketball seems to rule our lives these days. But it will be a bittersweet thing when it is over.

Missoula is a nice place... a different one none the less. I have my days when I hate it, and others when I realize that it's not so bad. It's just a different culture up here, drinking is normal and there are casinos on every corner. It's a very liberal place, which I don't mind to a point. But there are a lot of hippies here that enjoy the legalization of medical marijuana...which is weird. Speaking of weird... there is a very popular bumper sticker that says "Keep Missoula Weird" if that helps you to picture the place. I do love the 'Griz' atmosphere though. It's fun living in a place that is so supportive of the university athletics. Football is really big here. Basketball comes second, but they still get a lot of support which is fun since we are so involved with that. Missoula is a scenic place; I love the river that runs through the city and all of the trees that line the streets. I don't like that Missoula is the 'big city' in Montana. It's strange that this is where people come to 'shop'. When we looked into moving here I researched it a bit and saw that there was an airport, so I thought to myself "oh, it will be easy to get home to Utah then!" Boy was I wrong... flights out of here are a pretty penny. Many people drive to Spokane to get a cheaper flight and Spokane is already 3 1/2 hours away. So I might as well drive the 7 hours to Salt Lake.

For those of you who wonder what comes next for us...
Jordan graduates in May with his bachelor in Exercise Science and a minor in Psychology. We then plan to move back to Salt Lake valley so that I can finish my schooling. I had to put my education on hold because the one hair school in town doesn't like transfer students (to put it nicely.) But, because I wasn't able to finish school, I ended up getting a job at Cowgirls Salon and Spa. This has been an awesome place to work, I love my boss, and the atmosphere is great. I stay busy enough to pay the bills and I have learned a lot about promoting my own business. I now have the idea in my head about opening my own "Cowgirls" in Utah one day! :)

Well, that is a bit of the basic info I could come up with to start blogging about. More to come soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment