Monday, February 6, 2012

2nd Christmas & Updates

Christmas all over again... How, you ask? Well let me tell you :) We had two packages sent to us for Christmas that were accidentally sent to our old apartment (which just happens to be upstairs). Well Christmas came and went and guess what? No packages.... I was disappointed, but thought, "Well no big deal I'm sure they will be here soon." A couple weeks went by and still nothing. So I went out and talked to the lady doing our mail. She told me that it usually takes 2-3 extra weeks because if the package goes to the wrong address it then has to be sent back to Denver (to the main processing center) to process through and will then get the forwarding address label (which makes no sense to me, but I'm not a mail carrier.) So I waited another couple of weeks. By this point we were sure that they got lost in the mail or stolen. The post office was called. The manager was talked to. We were told that the packages shouldn't of even been delivered to the old apartment so he would look into it. We were also told that the packages would be compensated for. Still upset about it but at least something was going to be done. Two days later Jordan went up to the old apartment where we used to live for the third time, hoping they would be home. He came in the door and as I was around the corner I asked if they were home. He said nothing.... and I turn around to see his arms full with our packages!!! I was so excited! Jordan said that the poor girl upstairs hardly speaks English and she had no idea what to do with the packages. I guess she took them to the community center but no one was there. I feel bad that she had to deal with that, but it is the post office's fault. I am just so glad that she kept them and was a nice enough person to try and do something about it. Thank Goodness! Well... needless to say we had Christmas again opening the packages, and I am so relieved :)

A little update on our little family:

The Griz are having an awesome season! They are tied for 1st in Conference right now. 10-1 tied with Weber State. Just two more away games. It's so crazy we are down to that... it's going to be bittersweet when it's over. Jordan is playing great when he does get the chance to play. He is awesome on defense (I'm not bias or anything.) Jordan will graduate in May from the U of M. I think he's starting to realize that we need to figure out our life when we are done here :)

I recently found out that I will be able to get right back into school in May. Jordan graduates on May 12th and I start May 14th. I guess we will be moving on... mother's day?? Hopefully we find housing quickly. If anyone knows of anything available then in Salt Lake Valley please let us know :) I found out that I don't even have to apply to the school again. I just need to register for classes! I was relieved to find that out.

Yesterday we had a little super bowl party. We had a good time with a few of our friend couples and their little kiddos. Even though the game was a little boring... the food was good :)

I am headed to Denver this week to stay with my Dad and his family. We will be able to drive up to Northern Colorado to watch Jordan play, so that is exciting.

Well I am seriously slacking on the photo taking. Maybe I need another New Years resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment