Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Prayers Are Answered

I was fortunate enough to get work off last Saturday in order to take a quick trip home. Jordan had a game at Weber State on Saturday night. I left after work and drove to Rexburg, stayed over night with a girlfriend, and drove the rest of the way in the morning. I was able to go to the temple with my Mom and go to my Grandmother's 90th birthday party! Afterwards we spent some time with Jordan's family and went to the game.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures the entire weekend :/

Sunday we went to church and had some family time and I drove home on Monday. Luckily the weather was good for me but I had a small problem on the way home... I was talking to Jordan on the phone and right after we hung up I heard something pop. I looked in the rear view mirror and didn't see anything. I then heard a crazy noise that sounded like a horse blowing air through its lips. (Yes that is truly what it sounded like. If you have ever been around a horse then you know what I am talking about :) I looked behind me because for the slightest second I thought there must be a horse in my car ;) haha. Well I then felt like something was wrong and so I pulled over and got out realizing then that I had a flat tire. Of course I was by myself and in the middle of no where. I pulled over and called Jordan. I then tried to figure out how to first get the spare tire out of the back of the car. Once I figured that out, I looked at the jack to try and see how to use it... well I honestly had no idea how to use it. I had a feeling that I wasn't going to be able to do this on my own. So I told Jordan that we needed to say a prayer. He prayed for us and I then got in the car because it was freezing cold and windy. I was trying to figure out the jack when I looked up and saw a car come across the emergency turn around from the other side of the highway. He pulled over and as I was getting out of the car, and telling Jordan to stay on the phone, another car pulled up (a man and his family). I was so glad that they both showed up. Not that I really thought the first guy would be a creeper but a girl has to be careful. I couldn't believe that my prayer was answered so quickly. They had the spare on in a jiffy and I was back on the road again, freezing but relieved. Luckily the tire was good quality and I didn't have to get it replaced until I got home. It was a crazy experience but it was such a strengthener to my testimony of how prayers can be answered. I am grateful I was able to spend time with family and watch Jordan play. But most of all I'm grateful to the people who were willing to pull over and help a helpless girl. Guess it's time for me to learn how to change a tire on my own!

3 comments:

  1. Tessi - what a miraculous experience. I felt how the Spirit was helping you as I read your words. You are truly watched over when you live the commandments and live by the Lord's will. You are protected and you have a wonderful husband, whom you can count on. Thank you for sharing this with us! Love you so much!

    ~Dad

    ReplyDelete