Happy New Year!
We started our New Year's Eve with our neighbors eating dinner and playing games. We then drove out to Lolo and spent the rest of the evening with my friend Britten, her fiance, and her family. We had a good time playing games and chatting.
Today it was really hard to get up early for church starting at 9. But I was very grateful I went. Jordan and I had been asked to speak in sacrament but 'unfortunately' Jordan found out that he had practice at the same time as church so we didn't end up speaking... I do know that we will be making up for that one. Brother Lind (the counselor that had asked us to speak) was the one who had to cover for us... haha oops. Good thing he's a nice guy :) In sacrament meeting I learned a lot about missionary work and about following in Christ's footsteps as he was an example of this. I then ended up going to Gospel Principles Sunday school class, which I usually do not go to. Well... it was a blessing that I did today. The lesson was on Exaltation and somehow the teacher brought up the article that was written in the paper about Jordan over this last week. Well, I knew that a lot of people had read it in the ward and in Missoula. But what I didn't realize was how much of an impact it had made. The people in the class started talking about what a great example Jordan was and how awesome it was that this article was put in the paper. They read some of the article out loud and said how it was great that a positive article was put into this paper instead of a negative one. It really hit home for me when I realized that THIS is one of the reasons we are here in Missoula and if this is the only reason- that is good enough.Of course I started to cry and everyone was looking at me because of somethings in the article that Jordan had said about me as well. I was a bit embarrassed. But I am so grateful to know that we could be an example of our Savior through this small thing. It has really humbled me and I hope that someone was touched by the article that may not of been through something else. Jordan and I have both realized that even though he isn't getting the playing time maybe we want him to have, that it's okay because he is a good player on and off the court. The article portrayed that very well and we are grateful for that opportunity. It not only helped Missoula realize what Jordan is about, but it also helped us realize why we are here.
Here is the link to the article if you are so inclined to read it:
http://missoulian.com/college/griz/jordan-wood-not-your-typical-griz/article_5c5c96e6-2de6-11e1-9853-0019bb2963f4.html
What more could we ask for to start out 2012? This year will bring a lot of change for us. But we are both looking forward to it and excited for this new chapter in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment