This last week and a half has been a whirlwind. A win against Weber State last week gave the Griz 1st place in the Big Sky Conference and the opportunity to host the Big Sky tournament. Montana went into their first tournament game on Tuesday against Eastern Washington and came out with another win. Weber also won their game that day so the Griz had to play them in the championship game on Wednesday! A tough game started out back and forth, the Griz were down by 11 at one point, came back a couple times, and by the end of the second half had worn the Wildcats out. It all ended with a 30 point deficit to give the Grizzlies an 85-66 win over Weber State! Big Sky Champs! The guys were so very excited. It was definitely a happy time. Getting trophies, cutting the net down (for the second time in a week), lots of pictures, and jumping up and down. It was fun to watch. I am so glad Jordan gets to be a part of it all.
After the first Weber Win
Storming the Court After the 2nd Weber Win :)
To top off the week we found out that I was invited to go with the team on the charter plane to the tournament! I was excited but wary of asking for more time off. Luckily, I have the best boss in the world (who also supports the Griz) and she let me have the week off! I am so excited to get to go with them and share the experience of a lifetime. We find out today at 4 where the team will be playing and against who. We are hoping that some family will be able to travel to come as well :) What an exciting time it is. How grateful we are for the opportunities we have and the support we have from friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment