Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Big Changes

As summer came to an end our lives didn't slow down. We stayed plenty busy. Jordan continues to work at the Riverton hospital and he took up a coaching job on the side. He helps out the varsity girls basketball team at Woods Cross high school and loves it. Between work and church, he is hardly home. So, I enjoy every minute we have together.
In October we decided to announce to the world that we're expecting a baby, of the pink variety, around March 1. We are very excited for her arrival. Some days we still can't believe we are going to be parents and hope that we will do our best.


In November we took a trip to Denver for Thanksgiving. Amelia threw my first baby shower for me, I received many wonderful gifts. Thanksgiving was lots of fun to spend with the family. We went to the movies, shopping, and took family pictures.

I was able to finish up school right after Thanksgiving. Early December I took my state board exams and passed! Such a relief. I'm so happy to be done with that and I feel ready to move on to my next adventure- motherhood. I've been able to do friends and family hair, nails, and skin at home. It's nice to be able to do that on the side around my own schedule.

We spent Christmas with the Goates and had a fun time at the ranch with extended family for Christmas Eve where we were able to Skype with Sister Mer. And we spent a quiet Christmas morning with Mom, Jeff, and the girls. The day got better when we were able to Skype with Elder Izach. He is doing great. His mission reached their goal of 400 baptisms last year! So awesome. He sounds very positive and we're so happy for the opportunity he has to serve until this November. We had a great Christmas and were spoiled once again thanks to our wonderful families.

We were also able to spend some holiday time with the Wood's. We went to Cedar City for New Year's and while there I had another baby shower, compliments to Linda and the Wood girls. Shayla was able to get her endowments out while we were there as well, we felt lucky to be a part of that. Can't believe she's going on a mission in April to South Carolina! She will be awesome.

Jordan applied to 7 schools for graduate school and the Physical Therapy program. He applied to the University of Utah, University of Montana, Idaho State, Rocky Mtn. (in Provo), Pacific University, University of Nevada Las Vegas, and Northern Arizona University. So far we have heard back from U of U, UM, and Rocky Mtn that he was invited for interviews in February! This is very exciting news as it is so competitive to even get to that point. Many apply, but few are chosen. We feel blessed to have this further opportunity.

There are many changes about to happen. We look forward to each and feel blessed in many areas of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment