This week has been quite the humbling experience for Jordan and I.
On Saturday night I started getting contractions every 5 minutes for 2 hours. After that I was able to receive a blessing and lay down, so they slowed to 10 minutes apart. The following day I called my doctor and she said to lay on the couch the rest of the day and come in Monday morning.
At the doctors office I received lots of tests and monitoring. My cervix wasn't dilated but I was having a lot of contractions still. So, I was sent to Labor and Delivery to get fluids via IV, steroids to develop the baby's lungs quicker (just in case), and a shot to help the contractions stop. I was there a total of 4 hours and starving by the time we could leave. Luckily, the contractions had stopped at that point and baby was healthy. I was told to stay down and only get up to go to the bathroom... not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I know it's necessary. I went in again this morning for another visit and a shot of steroids for the baby. My cervix is still not dilated but I am still having contractions when on my feet. My doctor said to just keep laying low and not do too much. I will have another check up next week.
Through this experience I learned a lot. How quickly things can change. I have now become very aware of how lucky mom's are that are able to carry to full term. If nothing else I will now not complain if I have the chance to be 40+ weeks pregnant. Sure it may be miserable and uncomfortable, but it can't compare to how scary the thought of having a baby in the NICU is. I'm so grateful that things aren't progressing further into labor at this point and continue to pray that the Lord will let her stay in longer. I am also very grateful for God's timing. This couldn't of happened at a better time in my life. I am done with school, holidays are over, and I am lucky enough to be able to stay on the couch without worrying about a job. Jordan is very sweet to take care of me, and even cleaned the house today. It makes me feel useless, but I know how important it is for me to stay down. Thanks to all family who have been praying for us, we feel very humbled at this point and continue in faith.
Tessi! How scary! Sorry to hear about all your troubles, but so glad your sweet little baby is healthy. I will be praying for you. Miss you tons. :)
ReplyDelete