Monday, March 28, 2016

The Little Moments


Lately I have been trying to really enjoy those little moments with my girls. Not just the big special ones like birthdays and special trips. I'm talking about being at home and blowing bubbles, baking, or simply enjoying the moment when Quincy wakes from her nap and Lucy acts like she hasn't seen her in days. The smiles on their faces are what I want to remember.

I want to remember Quincy rocking her doll to sleep as I rock Lucy to sleep. Quincy and I coloring a picture while Lucy sits happily on my lap. Lucy laughing because Quincy is being silly, then Quincy attempting to reenact whatever she did to make Lucy laugh. These sweet moments of my girls being happy are most important to me.



I am sure many parents feel the same. But sometimes it is really hard in our busy world to just slow down and enjoy these little things. I have been attempting to document these small moments with pictures that I can look back upon. I challenge you parents to take more pictures with your children too. It may not always be easy, but there are ways to do it! Recently I have had people asking who takes the pictures of my girls and me. I have a tripod that I set up and use a remote with my camera. A selfie stick would work well too if you have one. If Jordan is home then I ask him if he can take a picture, or sometimes I make him get in the picture with us!

Knowing that one day I will miss this time with my girls, I want to be able to have something tangible to look back at. Sure I can have pictures of my girls doing what they do. But I want to also have pictures of my girls and me playing Quincy's favorite matching game or gardening together. These are the little moments that I want to capture.


No comments:

Post a Comment