Thursday, April 21, 2016

Bloom


A lot of the time I find myself thinking "when this happens I will be so much happier," or "if only I had this, life would be easier," or "when we are finally settled in our new location, it will be so much better."

Sometimes I feel like I am just stagnant. I think we all can get complacent in life and just go about our day. Our habits can take over as we just go from one day to the next. "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays." I love this quote from the play The Music Man.

My goal is to live in the moment and try to do my best to become a better wife, mother, daughter and friend.

I have this quote written on a little chalkboard at the top of my stairs. "Bloom where you are planted." It has helped remind me to just be happy where I am. Just be happy in my current situation. Even if it isn't exactly where I want to be right now. Even if I feel like my next part of life will be so much better, easier, happier. Just be where I am. But not only just be-- bloom. Work on myself. Grow and strengthen my weaknesses. Become better. 
credit: lil' luna




No comments:

Post a Comment