Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Help My Hair Grow!


What if my hair won't grow? As a cosmetologist, this is a question I get asked often from clients. These are the typical follow up questions I then ask:
  • Do you use heat protectant and oils? You need to! These are the ones I like:
Redken Satinwear 02 (this is the old packaging, but it's cheaper because of it!)
  • How often do you wash your hair? It could be drying your hair out if it's more than twice a week, especially if you live in a dry climate. This will also keep you from using heat tools too often on your hair. To help with those days in between I recommend a dry shampoo such as:
  • Do you use a deep conditioner or a mask? This will help with dryness and damage. I use this one once a week:
It's a 10 Mask
  • How often do you trim your hair? This will help with breakage and split ends which helps the hair to grow long and healthy. Schedule a regular trim every 6 weeks with me! Or do it yourself as in this tutorial: (go to the link and search "trim split ends")

**If you are having trouble with the thickness of your hair, you may want to consider a specialized hair care routine.

To be honest, I'm not great about that last one. But, I have realized that this might be the main cause of my hair not growing past a certain length. Hoping I can fix that! Comment below if you have any other questions, I would love to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment