The first style is our signature messy bun. I have done a tutorial for this before on myself, but I have changed it up a little bit, so I figured an updated tutorial would be good!
Style 1- Q's Hairdos Signature Messy Bun
- I added some dry shampoo before I started this style
- Pull all of the hair up until desired height (mine is just about on the top of my head)
- Take a thick elastic and wrap it around your ponytail once (or twice if it is still loose)
- Put the elastic back in the dominant hand and twist then hold keeping the elastic on your fingers
- Now split the ponytail in half
- Curl the top half up and hold with your top fingers
- Curl the bottom half down and hold with your thumb
- Pull the remaining elastic over top of the hair and let go
- Adjust the hair until you like the shape and height
- Now take the ends on the top and tuck them back into the elastic, do the same on the bottom
- Once you have the messy bun looking how you want it, I add clear mascara (which I will link below) to keep my baby hairs in place.
- I also like to pull at my hair in the front to loosen it up a bit and pull out some pieces to frame
- This makes it look more lived in rather than tight against your head
- If you have shorter pieces in the back that fall out like I do, you can twist the hair and then take a bobby pin and push the pin down into the hair to keep it in place.
Style 2- Adapted from Missy Sue (https://www.youtube.com/user/msncook11)
- Pull the hair up onto the top of your head
- Take a thick elastic and wrap it around your ponytail once (or twice if it is still loose)
- Put the elastic back in the dominant hand and twist then hold keeping the elastic on your fingers
- Make sure all five fingers are through the elastic to hold the hair easier for this next part
- Fan the hair around the elastic
- Now grab the hair with the fingers through the elastic and pull the elastic over the hair keeping a round shape of the hair
- Adjust the bun until desired height and shape
- Take all of the ends and put them back through the elastic in the front
- Adjust the hair and ends until you like it
To finish style 2, I pull at the hair in the front to loosen it up and frame the face as well. Use clear mascara if desired.
Style 3- Twisted Messy Bun
- Pull the hair up onto the top of your head
- Take a thick elastic and wrap it around your ponytail once (or twice if it is still loose)
- Put the elastic back in the dominant hand and twist then hold keeping the elastic on your fingers
- Grab the ponytail and twist it until it starts curling around
- Wrap it in a donut shape tucking the ends under
- Pull the elastic over the hair and secure at the base
- Now pull and adjust the hair until desired look
- Tuck loose ends in the elastic in the back
- Use clear mascara to tame the stray hairs
- Loosen the hair in the crown section and frame the face with desired hair.
Dry shampoo: http://amzn.to/2sYPjoA
Clear mascara: http://amzn.to/2sJAbaC
Elastics: http://amzn.to/2t7YY7E



No comments:
Post a Comment