Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Newborn Royal

Royal has been a name that we liked for a few years now. We had a boy name and a girl name picked out before we started trying to get pregnant with our third baby. This was very rare for two indecisive people :D But when it came down to the last half of our pregnancy with Royal, we both became unsure if we wanted to name him that. Jordan's sister was naming her little boy a name that was similar, and we had become unsure if we wanted his name to be Royal after all. We came up with another name that we liked, but it just didn't have a lot of meaning behind it. Both of our girls names have meaning to us, and so we wanted to keep that tradition.

Royal is the name of Jordan's great great grandpa. He was a hardworking pioneer who sacrificed a lot for his family and to gain an education. We really admired him as we read about him in Jordan's family history, so we were happy to name a child after a diligent man. Jordan's middle name is his father's name. So we decided to carry on that tradition giving Royal the middle name Jordan. We have been asked a lot if we will call him Royal or just Roy. We call him both. Roy is more of a nickname.

I have enjoyed taking my babies newborn photos myself. I have definitely improved since I attempted Quincy's years ago. But it's a fun time for me to bond with my baby and capture their sweetness when they are so tiny. Royal is a sweet boy and I was so happy to capture a few of his cute smile.




1 comment:

  1. These pictures turned out so great! And I love reading about the meaning behind his name. I'm all for meaningful names.

    ReplyDelete