Friday, April 13, 2012

Road Trip!

For Spring Break this year we decided it would be fun to take a road trip over to Seattle and the coast. I thought we better take advantage while we are still closer than we've ever been. We started on Monday and drove over to Seattle. We got a cheap hotel in Des Moines (which I thought was fun since my brother is serving his mission in Des Moines Iowa :) We stayed there for two nights. The first night we walked around the marina there in Des Moines and had dinner at Wally's Chowderhouse. Yummy fish and chips. I enjoyed our walk around town. It felt like a small town even though it is only 15 mins from Seattle.



Tuesday we spent the day walking in the rain in Seattle. We walked over to the Space Needle and did some shopping. We then took the ferry out to Bainbridge Island which was fun. It was cool to see the city from out on the Puget Sound. We walked around Bainbridge for a little while then headed back to Seattle where we ate dinner at Iver's. The clam chowder was delicious especially because I had been freezing most of the day. I attempted to get the seagulls to eat out of my hand. They wouldn't, but I did get them to jump for some fries :)


Wednesday we drove to the Seattle Temple to see it and walked around the grounds. It was of course very pretty. Afterwards, we drove to Vancouver and stayed with the Warnick family. We played games with their family and they were so kind to feed us and let us stay for two nights.


Thursday we took a day to drive through Portland and over to Seaside. We had a picnic lunch on the beach there and continued our drive down through Oceanside. We stopped in Tillamook and had some cheese samples at the factory. Then enjoyed some fresh delicious ice cream :) Our favorite spot was at Cape Meares at the lighthouse. It was so beautiful there. I know I could live there and be happy. I think Jordan could too :) I just love hearing the ocean and the fresh air. It was so wonderful.



Friday we drove to the Portland Temple which was bigger than I thought. It is of course beautiful as well. We continued our drive to Kennewick and visited more relatives in the Goates family. It was fun to see where they live. We also got to see the Columbia River Temple which we didn't know was there. We stayed the night in Spokane with our good friends.



Saturday was spent with the Johnson's in Spokane shopping etc. We drove home that evening and opened the door to a sweet surprise from our neighbors. They are the best! A cute welcome home sign, balloons, and Easter candy :)

Easter Sunday we spent at church, enjoying the last bit of our break, and eating dinner with our neighbors. It was definitely a fun Spring Break! I would totally recommend going on a visit to the coast when you get the chance. I would like to go back someday.


We are now preparing for our move. We are on the countdown! Jordan is looking for work and apartments this weekend in Salt Lake. I was able to register for classes this week. I am pleased to announce that I am on track to finish by December! I will have two heavy semesters but I'm willing to do that to get done. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment