Friday, July 1, 2016

San Francisco Zoo

I will tell you a little story about how it went with a toddler and a baby on the airplane by myself. Quincy was great and loved having a lollipop and a movie on the plane, Lucy slept most of the time (an hour and a half flight) then she woke up and I fed her. The "fasten your seatbelt" sign had just been turned back on. I thought to myself, "well this has gone pretty smoothly, we are almost there!" Just as the light turned back on Lucy needed a diaper change, not only that, but she blew out of her diaper and needed her clothes changed as well. No chance I was going to try to do that in my lap on the airplane. The flight attendant gave me the go ahead. So we made our way into the tiny bathroom just Lucy, Quincy and I. If you haven't tried to change a diaper in an airplane you probably wouldn't know this, but the changing table pulls out from above the toilet and there is basically just standing room for one available. To say it was snug is an understatement. I'm about halfway done cleaning Lucy up and Quincy says "I need to go too" so I say sure, lift the toilet seat up and you can sit under the changing table. Ha! Of course I dressed her in the most difficult outfit as far as buttons go! So I helped her with one hand as I held Lucy on the changing table with the other. As soon as Quincy sits down I hear faded in the background, the flight attendant over the intercom say "if you are in the lavatory, please hurry." !!!! Uh what?! Haha! Oh goodness. Hurry before this plane tries to land while we are in the bathroom! I quickly helped Quincy finish, Lucy dressed, Quincy dressed, hands washed, ran back to our seats, and buckled those seat belts back up as fast as possible! Not to mention everyone staring as we hurry back to our seats as if we are delaying the landing of this plane! It was quite an adventure to say the least. But mostly smooth sailing, or uh flying :)

As soon as we arrived one of my best friends in the whole world, Cardin, picked us up for a week of fun! We drove directly to the San Francisco Zoo. The baby giraffe was chasing the ostrich and it was the funniest thing ever! Basically it looked like an uncoordinated horse galloping around! We also loved the penguins, hippo, and the bears!



 

I think I enjoyed that slide more than she did :)




1 comment:

  1. You are so brave! What an adventure. The San Diego zoo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete