It was an Alice in Wonderland theme for Lucy's first birthday. We called it Lucy in "One"derland. Since her birthday is near Halloween we thought it would be fun to have a costume party, so we all dressed up of course. We thought Lucy should be Alice for her birthday even though Quincy wanted to be Alice for Halloween. So, I ended up making two Alice costumes!
I also made Lucy's cake, staying up late the night before. And surprise surprise, she wouldn't even touch it! You can see at the end, I tried to give her a tiny bite and she was not happy about it! My bad Lu. We realized the next day that she might not have been feeling well at her party, when she woke up sick the next day :( poor baby!
She loved opening all of her gifts though. And Quincy was more than happy to help. Our girls are sure loved by their grandparents, aunts and uncles!
The menu consisted of Chocolate and Vanilla cupcakes, "Cheshire Cat Tail" cookies, "Don't Be Late" donuts, veggies and dip, cheese ball and crackers, ham and turkey sandwiches, and apple cider in tea cups. Somehow I missed getting a photo of the cute teacups we had as decorations. It was a fun little "tea party," and I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

I chose to decorate Lucy's smash cake like the cake in the tea party scene on Alice in Wonderland. I used some fondant for the flowers and candle, which I've never used before. It turned out pretty cute! Too bad she didn't want to eat any of it... so much for a "smash" cake.






Teach me your frosting ways!
ReplyDeleteLove this cute girl.
Haha! I had a good friend in Montana who decorated cakes. She taught me some things. But I am definitely not professional!
Delete