Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Half Up Dutch Crown Braid | Tessi's Turn | Q's Hairdos

I love this style because it's easy to dress up or down. Great for around the house or date night! If you can braid, you can do this hairstyle! It's really not too difficult.

Start on the right side by taking a one inch by two inch section near the part line. Split in three and complete one full stitch of the Dutch braid. I remember the Dutch braid easier when I think about taking the middle strand and crossing over top of the outer strands. After the first stitch, add a section of hair to each outer strand and cross the middle over top of the outside. Add a section again and cross the middle over top of the outside. Continue by alternating sides until you reach the ear. I like to leave a little bit of hair covering my ear. Then stop adding hair and braid to the end. Secure with an elastic (but not too tightly) and then pancake for desired look. Leave this braid down while you braid the left side.

Braid the left side the same. A Dutch braid to the ear and then braid to the end. Secure with an elastic then pancake.

Once both sides are braided, you can take the right braid and pull it across the back. Secure in place by crossing two bobby pins. Try to hide them in the hair (this was a bit tricky for me since I couldn't see the back of my head.) Next, pull the left braid across the back, over top of the right braid and tuck into the right braid. Secure by crossing two bobby pins as well. Then take out the elastics (this is why you won't want to secure the elastics too tightly.) I added one more bobby pin where it was needed. Then you're done!



No comments:

Post a Comment