The main product we use every day is a spray gel which you can purchase here (a three pack is the best deal by far, often there are coupons for it on Amazon.)
We usually start with damp hair then spray gel where the baby hairs like to fall out. Mainly around the hairline. The spray gel can be used without wet hair, but the styles definitely stay in better and look neater when the hair is damp.
I use hair wax on individual sections that I want to look more sleek. For example when I weave the hair or for small braids. I also use this hair wax on Lucy's baby hair if it needs more control. Not to mention, this wax from Circle of Friends smells delicious.
To cover the elastic with hair, I wrap the elastic until it will be the last time I will wrap it. Leave the elastic on my fingers of one hand as I take a small piece of hair from the remaining pony and wrap that above the elastic. Once I have wrapped the hair around as many times as I like, then pull the last elastic over the hair and adjust it until it is covered. These are the elastics I use. You can also find them at Sally's Beauty Supply for really cheap.
I use a seam ripper to take out all elastics so not to break the hair. This one is currently on sale. Use the seam ripper parallel to the hair and push it downwards. If it is a little nerve wracking, you can pull the elastic away from the hair and cut it that way.
I need to remember this for when my girl has hair!
ReplyDelete