Thursday, November 1, 2018

6 Top Things for Postpartum Recovery

These five things are ones that helped me through the last 8 weeks of postpartum. The first 3-4 can be really rough... even 5-6 let's be real. It is exhausting in every way. Not to mention you are leaking from multiple locations, it's just not fun. Yes, there might be some TMI in here, but I am guessing you are wanting to hear the real reasons behind why these are my favorite things. I am an open book when you ask me questions. So be warned now! Back to my favorites... there are some things that can be real life savers when recovering from having a baby. These are my top six!

1. I live in this Sleep Nursing Bra by Lamaze for the first couple of weeks. It's so comfy you can sleep in it (hence the name) which really helps when you are dealing with over production of breast milk and to keep the nursing pads in place. Which brings me to my next top item.

2. My favorite nursing pads are these Lansinoh Nursing Pads. I have tried reusable nursing pads, and I was not a fan. They would stick to me when they dried and really hurt when you have to un-stick them...

3. Speaking of sore nipples. The two things that save me when nursing around the clock are Lanolin and breast milk. Every time after I nurse for the first three ish weeks, I first express a little breast milk and pat it on the nipple, then let it air dry for a minute. After it's dry, I put a pea sized amount of Lanolin on. These two steps make a world of difference for me, I hope they help you too!

4. Tubby Todd Freshening Spray this one is for mama's. I love all Tubby Todd products, but this spray smells like vanilla and aloe and it's so refreshing. I don't like to use perfume when I have a newborn baby who is nursing all the time. So I love that this is a more natural option to still smell nice when covered in spit up! If you are wanting to purchase Tubby Todd, click here to get 15% off through an affiliate link Tubby Todd gave me to use. My other top item is Tubby Todd All Over Ointment.

5. All Over Ointment is amazing for so many reasons. This is one I mostly use on my babies, but I have used it on myself as well! Some of the things it's great for: dry baby skin, eczema, dry mama hands, baby acne etc. We use it every day and it has literally cured both of my girls from terrible eczema breakouts. We tried everything to get rid of them. Steroid creams, coconut oil, petroleum jelly, you name it nothing worked until this! Again, you can use this link to purchase Tubby Todd for 15% off.

6. Now let's talk postpartum hair loss. This is one of the top things I am asked about as a cosmetologist. Did you know that it's normal to lose 100 strands of hair a day? Did you also know that you stop losing almost all of those 100 daily strands when you are pregnant? Once the baby is delivered, all of those hairs that stopped falling out, start to fall out again at a much more rapid rate. So don't feel like you will lose all of your hair, you won't! It will stop eventually. With Quincy, my hair fell out for 5-6 months. After Lucy, my hair fell out much quicker for about two months. My re growth was much more apparent with Lucy than it was with Quincy. Currently, my hair has been falling out and the number one thing that saves me during this time is the Wet Brush. Seriously, if you are dealing with postpartum hair loss, you need this. Have you tried combing through your hair after a shower? It used to take me literally 15 minutes to comb through my hair when I was dealing with postpartum hair loss. But the Wet Brush changed my life!

I hope these six things help you in your postpartum recovery. I wish you luck mama. You've got this! You are amazing and I am glad you are here!



Tubby Todd Spray: https://tubbytodd.com/collections/all-1/products/mama-freshening-spray
Tubby Todd All Over Ointment: https://tubbytodd.com/collections/all-1/products/all-over-ointment
Lanolin: https://amzn.to/2QbSPUo
Lansinoh Nursing Pads: https://amzn.to/2DfCr2r
Sleep Nursing Bra: https://amzn.to/2DhDtL4
Wet Brush: https://amzn.to/2Okycn8


This post contains affiliate links through Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment