Wednesday, June 5, 2019

How to Curl Short Hair + How I Make Curls Last 7 Days! | Q's Hairdos | Tessi's Hairstyle

I chopped my hair about 3 months ago now and I have been loving it! I filmed this tutorial about a month ago when I had finally figured out how I like to curl it while short! I hope it helps and as always, if you have questions, comment below! It takes me about 15-20 minutes to curl my hair. But then it lasts me a week! At the end I show how I keep my curls and what it looks like on day 2!

I have started to use Monat hair products and I am in love. My hair has never felt so soft! Breakage that I had been dealing with for 6 months is literally healed... I can't believe it! If you would like to to find out what products are best for your particular hair, send me a message! I would love to help you have great hair too! It's as simple as changing your shampoo. Also message me if you want 15% off!

  1. After washing my hair, I add Monat's Blow Out Cream, Inner Force Restructuring Serum (great for over processed and damaged hair), and Rejuvabeads to my ends (to help heal split ends!)
  2. I then let my hair air dry as long as I can.
  3. Then I will take the blow dryer to it and round brush the curl out from the back of my hair.
  4. I like to use a large round brush with boar bristles.
  5. Once my hair is 100% dry, then I take the hair about 1 inch above my ear and clip it out of the way.
  6. Starting at the front, I take about 1-1 1/2 inch sections and I will be curling my hair with a 1 inch wand.
  7. Always be careful about what temperature you are using to curl your hair. It should never be above 400. Best to keep it close to 350.
  8. I use the wand upside down and hold it parallel to my face.
  9. Wrapping the hair away from my face, keeping the last two inches off of the wand
  10. Hold the hair on the wand for about 10 seconds.
  11. For this bottom layer I like to pull at the curl once I let it go from the wand, to straighten it a bit.
  12. This makes it so that the curl isn’t so tight on the bottom layer.
  13. At the back where I have more natural wave to my hair, I like to take the curling iron and rub it at the top if it is still a bit wavy to help loosen that wave before I wrap it around the wand.
  14. Continue taking 1- 1 1/2 inch sections, until you reach the back.
  15. Then repeat on the opposite side going in the opposite direction so that the curl is away from your face.
  16. Take the next few inches of hair from the clipped section and curl each section away from the face. I like to start at the back to keep the uncurled hair where I can see it better.
  17. For this section I straighten out the curl just slightly but not a lot like the bottom section.
  18. I do one more section the same way.
  19. Then for the very top I make sure to brush out the hair before I curl that section to keep it smooth.
  20. Keep the wand parallel to the face, so you won’t curl the top few inches.
  21. Once done curling, I gently run my fingers through the curls to break them up a bit.
  22. Then I like to smooth them out with a bit of Rejuveniqe Oil from Monat.
  23. I don’t use hairspray on my hair very often, but you could spray your curls at this point as well.
  24. Now I will show what I do to keep my curls lasting longer.
  25. At night I put my hair either half up or all the way up in a soft scrunchy. The best are velvet or silk. I pull at the roots to give a little volume.
  26. Also sleeping on a silk pillowcase helps.
  27. In the morning I let it out and then use a wide toothed comb to gently comb through my curls.
  28. I add a little more Rejuveniqe oil and encourage my curls to form back together and use some dry shampoo if needed. 
Message me for Monat Products and discount!
Boar Bristle Round Brush: https://amzn.to/2GLW8zp
Curling Iron: https://amzn.to/2OAQukO
Find more products we recommend here: https://www.amazon.com/shop/teswood

Find us on Instagram @teswood www.instagram.com/teswood
 and Facebook Q's Hairdos www.facebook.com/qshairdos


No comments:

Post a Comment