Tuesday, July 9, 2019

How I Define My Natural Waves/ Curls | Q's Hairdos | Tessi's Hairstyle

During the summer I love to wear my hair naturally curly. I try to use less heat during the summer since our hair is already getting more heat from being out in the sun. It's important to protect your hair from the summer damage- sun, chlorine, salt. A few tips:

-Wear a hat
-Add leave in conditioner to the hair before getting in the water
-Get hair wet with fresh water before getting in the water
-Use products that protect the hair against UV damage and chlorine, salt water, and hard water

If you aren't sure what products might help protect your hair, comment below, I would love to help! Let's keep our hair healthy this summer!

All of the products that I am using can be found at the link below- but if you would like to know how to get them for cheaper or with a discount comment below and I will help you!

tessi.mymonat.com

leave in conditioner https://tessi.mymonat.com/shop/products/restore-leave-in-conditioner
Curl Cream https://tessi.mymonat.com/shop/products/curl-cream
Rejuvenique Oil (miracle oil!) https://tessi.mymonat.com/shop/products/rejuveniqe-oil-intensive
Taffy https://tessi.mymonat.com/shop/products/restyle-sculpting-taffy
Renew Shampoo https://tessi.mymonat.com/shop/products/renew-shampoo?taxon_id=19

  1. After washing my hair with Renew Shampoo I add Restore Leave in conditioner starting at the ends and working my way upwards. 
  2. I then run my fingers through my hair until my hair starts to form into waves or curls together-this is called "noodling"
  3. I flip my head upside down and continue "noodling"
  4. Once my hair feels smooth from roots to ends, I start to scrunch it upwards, still with my head upside down.
  5. I squeeze the extra water out just with my hands.
  6. Now I stand up and place my curls where I want them, parting my hair, and twisting pieces that don't want to curl properly.
  7. Next I add Curl Cream
  8. Scrunch the curl cream in starting at the ends.
  9. Next take a t shirt and scrunch some of the water out
  10. Then I will use the diffuser and dry at the roots first
  11. Then dry the ends upside down first
  12. Then flip over and finish drying
  13. Take a dry t shirt and scrunch the hair to break up the product if it feels crunchy 
  14. To finish I add a few drops of Rejuvenique Oil mixed with the Taffy and gently add to the ends to decrease frizz.
  15. For second and third day curls I like to use a curl refresher- Monat has one that you can get for free with your order this month, if you are interested comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment